ARTS & HUMANITIES
about 1 year ago
ARTS AND HUMANITIES CURRICULUM COUNCIL
The Bangor Area School District Community will provide opportunities for all students to observe, reflect, and participate both in the arts of their culture, and the cultures of others.
- Sequential study of the Arts and Humanities provides the knowledge and analytical skills necessary to evaluate and critique a media saturated culture.
- Arts education contributes to the development of productive citizens who have gained creative technological knowledge necessary for employment in the 21st century.
- Arts and Humanities are a way of learning and reinforcing other academic skills and content.
- Arts and Humanities meet the needs of diverse learners.
- Through the study of arts and humanities, students gain:
- Self esteem
- Social skills
- Problem solving skills
- Creative and thinking skills
- Comprehension of basic symbol skills
- Arts and humanities provide opportunities for understanding and integrating all human thought and accomplishment.
ESSENTIAL STUDENT LEARNING GOALS
- Students will be informed, responsible, and respectful citizens who contribute to their community, their country and the world, as demonstrated through behavior, proper care of materials appropriate audience behavior, and respect for the opinions of others of works in the arts and humanities.
- Students will be collaborative workers who demonstrate cooperation in producing, performing, exhibiting, or responding appropriately to works in the arts and humanities.
- Students will be quality producers whose work reflects high standards, innovation, and unique artistic abilities.