The 7 Habits and Leader in Me
28 days ago
7 Habits and Leader in Me
7 Habits of Happy Kids
In accordance with the "Leader in Me" process, DeFranco and the Bangor Area Middle School practice Stephen Covey's "Seven Habits of Highly Effective People." These principals instill 21st century skills and practices to nagivate teens through their personal and professional lives.
1. Be Proactive
2. Begin with the End in Mind
3. Put First Things First
4. Think Win-Win
5. Seek First to Understand, Then to Be Understood
7. Sharpen The Saw
The 7 Habits are creating a culture change within the schools by incorporating the habits into everyday language as well as being visually represented on the walls as daily reminders. Students practicing the habits during the school day learn to carry these habits into their lives after the school day has ended.
Leader in Me
A leadership development process that is implemented school-wide with the intention to “help develop the essential life skills and characteristics students need in order to thrive in the 21st century” continues to create young leaders. This process involves an implementation regiment and core staff training to ensure the program's success.
28 days ago
Messaging is a vital part of the community school initiative. It allows the local community to read about what is happening and how to get more involved. Awareness of Bangor's community school success is marketed through local newspaper outlets and non-profit organization websites.
In the News
- NEW 'Peak Preview: 'The Power of Community Schools' -Channel 69 News
- NEW 'Stop, think, then do: Lehigh Valley schools, businesses embrace new leadership model'- Lehigh Valley Live
- 'COMPASS Community Schools Participate in 'Lights On Afterschool' - United Way GLV
- 'DeFranco Elementary School students show off leadership skills in school takeover'- Lehigh Valley Times
The attached files are published community school newsletters containing articles composed by both students, faculty, and the Community School Coordinator, which are distributed to family members and local businesses to provide a snapshot of the work that goes on
- Fall 2012.pdf
- Spring 2012.pdf
- Spring Newsletter 2014.pdf
- Spring-Summer 2013.pdf
- Winter 2011.pdf
- Winter 2012-2013.pdf